Two great rafting options in Peru
Most probably, you recognize Peru for the famous Machu Picchu, and for wonderful treks such as the Inca Trail. But did you know Peru has some of the top rafting trips in the world?
Here are two examples of these rafting tours you can enjoy in Peru. Experience Peru adventure at its best with the ultimate rafting trip.
Apurimac rafting – the Granite Canyon ( 3 days) This is the classic Peru rafting trip.
- Voted one of the best ten rivers in the world
- Grade 3 to 5 rapids
- Beautiful beach camps
- You do not need to have experience, just be a good swimmer and up for excitement
Fixed departures: 16 May, 20 June, 23 June, 18 July, 15 August, 19 September, 17 October
Apurimac rafting- the Black Canyon ( 4 days) One of the hidden gems of Peru rafting
- Grade 3 to 4 rapids in a wilderness setting
- The perfect mix of fun, challenge and relaxed floating down the river
- Chances to see otters, Torrent Ducks, Andean Foxes, even Condor
- Ideal for families with teenagers